. Fixed gear bike
- A vehicle composed of two wheels held in a frame one behind the other, propelled by pedals and steered with handlebars attached to the front wheel
- In graph theory, a pseudoforest is an undirected graphThe kind of undirected graph considered here is often called a multigraph or pseudograph, to distinguish it from a simple graph. in which every connected component has at most one cycle.
- a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
- trade name: a name given to a product or service
- a recognizable kind; "there's a new brand of hero in the movies now"; "what make of car is that?"
- Describe (someone or something) as something bad or shameful
- Mark (an animal, formerly a criminal or slave) with a branding iron
- burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals
- Mark indelibly
Dutch Bicycle History: Union Rijwielen
1917 Bike advertisement, in use since 1914
The motto: "Rijwielen zullen door de eeuwen heen hun roem handhaven" ("Bicycles will stay famous throughout the centuries"), was thought up by B.J. van den Berg.
The monograph 'URD' stands for
Union Rijwielen Dedemsvaart.
Dedemsvaart is a village in the North of the Dutch province of Overijssel, in the central Eastern part of the country.
Drawn by Joh. Wil. PootjesMore about 'Union'
name 'Union' appears first in the list of the Dutch 'Bureau voor Industri
ele Eigendommen' in 1905. The name 'Union' was coined after Van den Berg saw a ship 'Union fait for
ce' on the river Rhine.
The 'Union' factory was founded in July 1904
by B.J. (Berend Jan) van den Berg. At that time Van den Berg had already - among other, very modest firms - a local bicycle
trade in which he sold Dutch Fongers, Burgers and Corona bicycle
When the factory started in 1904
, Van den Berg imported a wagon full of German 'Orion' bicycles which where re branded. Because these bicycles were very heavy, they did not sell as quickly as he had hoped. After some thinking he then decided to make his own bikes
At first he bought the frames from the Dutch 'Gazelle' factory. But later on, after some tri
als (and errors!) he succeeded to built his own quality frames and 'Union' would became one of the largest Dutch bicycle brands. These bicycles were sold with guaranty.
But Van den Berg also sold bicycles without guaranty. Those much cheaper (and poorer) bikes
, named 'Klokkenlager 1' where produced in Germany by 'Lowe'.
Once The Netherlands had dozens of real bicycle factories, and hundreds of bicycle brands.
Sigh...Ishikawa (National Brand) Bicycle Shop
When I was placed in Shimoda City 4
years ago, I came to this bicycle shop and purchased what I now ride around town. The owner said he had a son, but that his son didn't want anything to do with a bicycle shop or living here in Shimoda.
The Black and White banner means he has passed away.
So... this will soon be a parking lot.
See also: best bicycle grips bicycle pedals review comfortable road bikes dirt bike body parts old school bmx bicycle felt cruiser bicycle bicycles handlebar gary fisher full suspension bikes gt mtn bike
- (火) 04:21:56|
- Category: None
Comment is pending blog author's approval.
- 2014/08/26(火) 21:36:27 |
- [ Edit ]